Thursday, July 17, 2014

Just and update.

Hello all, just trying to keep up a bit lately with my medical status and changes. To be honest it has been a bit of a downer the past few weeks. After the unexpected hospital stay in mid-June things have domino-ed. With the postponement of my hip replacement, the blood clot in my right forearm and now high liver enzyme levels. The liver thing is an ongoing issue but has gotten to a level where we need to try and “fix” things. There has also been an increase in issues with my mouth, gut, and over all fatigue.  So for now Dr. S. has brought back the steroids to try and help zap things back in line, we will see what a high dose 2 week regiment can do. If this zapping works we will see how fast (or if) things go south again. We may still be dealing with the effects of the hospital stay, or this could be another flare-up of graft verses host disease. Either way this is going to postpone both the cataract and hip surgery’s and delay my personal goal of getting to the new me.

Sorry this is not much of a positive update, but I wanted to let people know how things are going and help me keep track of my status when I look back on these posts later.

Take Care All,
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment